Intel G18786-002 82599+SFP 10G Server Adapter
Part Number: G18786-002
• SPF+ Connectivity: 10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LR and SPF+ Copper Direct Attach physical media.
• Load Balancing on Multiple CPU's: Increases performance on multi-processor systems by efficiently balancing network load across CPU cores when used with Recieve-Side Scaling (RSS) from Microsoft or Scalable I/O on Linux.
• iSCSI Remote Boot Support: Provides centralized Storage Area Network (SAN) Management at a low cost than other iSCSI solutions.
• RoHS Compliant
• VMDq: Offloads the data-sorting functionality from the Hypervisor to the network silicon, improving data throughput and CPU usage. Provides QoS feature on the Tx data by providing round-robin servicing and preventing head-of-line blocking. Sorting based on MAC addresses and VLAN tags.
• Next-Generation VMDq1 (64 queues per port): Enhanced QoS feature by providing weighted round-robin servicing for the Tx data. Provides loopback functionality, where data transfer between the virtual machines within the same physical server need not go out to the wire and come back in, improving throughput and CPU usage. Supports replication of multicast and broadcast data.
• PC-SIG SR-IOV Implementation (64 virtual functions per port): Provides an implementation of the PCI-SIG standard for I/O Virtualization. The physical configuration of each port is divided into multiple virtual ports. Each virtual port is assigned to an individual virtual machine directly by bypassing the virtual switch in the Hypervisor, resulting in near-native performance. Integrated with Intel® VTI for Directed I/O (VT-d) to provide data protection between virtual machines by assigning separate physical addresses in the memory to each virtual machine.
• Virtual Machine Load Balancing (VLMB): Virtual Machines Load Balancing (VMLB) provides traffic load balancing (Tx and Rx) across Virtual Machines bound to the team interface, as well as fault tolerance in the event of switch, port, cable, or adapter failure.
• Advanced Packet Filtering: 24 exact-matched packets (unicast or multicast). 4096-bit hash filter for unicast and multicast frames. Lower processor usage. Promiscuous (unicast and multicast) transfer mode support. Optional filtering of invalid frames.
The Intel G18786-002 82599+SFP 10G Server Adapter is packaged and shipped from our Minnesota warehouse.